Yarmouth Chamber Member of the Month
Introducing Yarmouth Chamber: Member of the Month (February 2020)
Each month we will select a new member to be our Member of the Month! Member will be highlighted on the Yarmouth Chamber Homepage and will have an e-blast sent to our Members and E-News Recipients.
Get to Know: Ed Goodfriend of… Basic Need Construction & Painting and Cabinet Makeovers Maine
What brought you to Yarmouth, or are you a native?
- We moved to the Yarmouth area because of the many trails to run and hike on year around.
When did you join the Yarmouth Chamber?
- 2007 – Kim Connell of Coastal Maine Interiors. Inc. suggested I look into it.
What are you involved in with the Yarmouth Chamber AND/OR what is your favorite part of the Yarmouth Chamber?
- I enjoy reading the various updates mailed out each week. It is nice to see what is going on with other businesses.
What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
- I’m so excited to be launching a new website for my new business venture – www.cabinetmakeoversmaine.com. Providing a facelift to existing kitchen cabinets is a really amazing (and cost-effective) way to transform your living space without a complete renovation. It’s really exciting to share this transformation with my clients, and I can’t wait to focus more on this soon! While I have been painting cabinets this for over 20 years, not many people know that I offer this service! And, on the personal side, we have been having a blast getting our 2nd AirBnB up and running. We call it Maine Mystic Gardens!
If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
What are you passionate about?
- Professionally, I feel so grateful that I’m in this industry where I get to work with so many awesome people on their homes. It’s exciting to work with clients on making their homes more comfortable and more reflective of what they envision it to be through my quality detailed work. When you see this vision brought to fruition it’s equally as gratifying to me as it is for the proud homeowners. And, personally, running has been a passion ever since my high school days. I also like creating fun and useful things for our grandson, like a fire pole in our living room!
If you had guests visiting Yarmouth for the weekend, where is the first place you would take them to show them a good time?
- I am a nature lover, so I would show them unique features like the parks near Royal River, the marina and we would also make a trip to the village.
When people ask you what you do for a living, what do you tell them?
- I am a paint contractor and I also work on small remodel projects. I especially enjoy working on kitchen and bathroom vanity cabinets to help people experience a whole new look in their homes without having to spend a fortune, again circling back to why I’m so excited to launch www.cabinetmakeoversmaine.com!
What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Working with my wife to help raise two beautiful and ambitious girls. In the past, I was involved with painting high-end homes that were shown to the public as part of a Parade of Homes. These homes showcased the builders and subcontractors. I was also selected high school athlete of the year.
Where can we find you dining in Yarmouth on any given Saturday night?
- My favorite spots are Clayton’s, Gather and Bruce’s Burritos. If Estabrook’s had a cafe in their gardens you would find me there…
To contact Ed Goodfriend
(207) 449-0109 | email@example.com